It happens several times when you are scrolling on Facebook or Instagram and a random Image with some text popup. Sometimes we love the font used in that image but don’t have idea about it. Today I am going to share two methods to Identify Font in Any Image, I hope this will be very useful.
From a designer to a meme creator fonts really matters to present their idea in best way. Sometimes while you see a meme you also want to create and share one with same font. But their are thousands of different Fonts so its nearly impossible task to manually check that. I will share a trick with you for identifying Font of Image Text. This will allow you to identifying that font and download it.
How to Identify Fonts in an Image
Its impossible to just copy and paste fonts directly from the image but you can identify them. Just follow the simple steps to identify any font on a image.
- Download the photo or simply copy the image URL.
- Now visit WhatTheFont website.
- There is no sign-up process and this website is easy to use. Click on the Upload Image button if you have downloaded the image or drag and drop from your computer. If you want to upload image via URL then select Image URL button and paste the URL.
- Now you will be redirect to Crop Image part. You have to be very careful while doing this. Crop the image covering just the text part and don’t crop the edges.
- Now click on the Confirm button and wait for a while.
- You will see dozens of fonts on your screen you can simply choose the best matching font of your choice.
- You can directly download the free fonts from the website or you will be redirected to purchase the font from official website.
How to find text fonts from image using Photoshop
Lots of new fonts comes in market frequently and it become impossible to remember their names. Photoshop CC 2017 has just the “forensic tool” to help you to identify fonts of image.
- Download the image to your device whose fonts you want to find out.
- Open Adobe Photoshop on your computer and select the image for further process.
- Click on the Rectangular marquee tool (or you can directly acces it by pressing M) and select the font you want to identify by drawing a rectangle around it.
- Now from the toolbar select Type > Match Font.
- Now you will see matching fonts already available on your computer or you can find more fonts that you will need to download from internet.
If you still face issue in understanding the steps provided above then you can play this official video from Adobe Photoshop.
You will be shows many similar fonts now its your job to select best matching from them. I think this tutorial was helpful. You can check out How To section for more tutorials.